~an adventure in music~and a little fashion~

Do you love music?
This is where I post my music. One of my great loves in life. It's something I cannot be without. Carnival is my place to post what I'm listening to. It's really a blog for me, as I have rather eclectic taste in music and don't really expect many others to be right there with me! However, I do love when someone does find something that speaks to them, as has happened. Now that makes me so happy!
And please do take a peek there, just there above, where it says 'Music and Me' to see why I do.

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Dark Was The Night.

So, I have been immersing myself in a lot of new music lately. I tend to get a bit obsessive about it and listen to things on loop, so I try to get a few at a time so I have enough to not get tired of them!

One thing I have been listening to a lot is a double compilation album called 'Dark Was The Night'. An incredible collection of some of the most important musicians of today, and including a whole list of my personal favourites.

For a fairly well rounded review of the album, check this review over on Pitchfork, my favourite online music magazine. (I might just forgive Mr. Plagenhoef his slight slight on Bon Iver ahem!)

So, at the risk of boring you and giving the impression I am limited in my listening, I won't be posting either of the two divine songs by Justin Vernon/Bon Iver! Instead I thought I'd share this stunninly beautiful heartbreaker with you.

It's a song by Grizzly Bear, and performed by Grizzly Bear with Feist.

Sublime....



If you are interested, you can check out some more of these songs on youtube here.

No comments: