~an adventure in music~and a little fashion~

Do you love music?
This is where I post my music. One of my great loves in life. It's something I cannot be without. Carnival is my place to post what I'm listening to. It's really a blog for me, as I have rather eclectic taste in music and don't really expect many others to be right there with me! However, I do love when someone does find something that speaks to them, as has happened. Now that makes me so happy!
And please do take a peek there, just there above, where it says 'Music and Me' to see why I do.

Monday 27 April 2009

What We Wore To The Fair.

We had a lovely Sunday afternoon at the Vintage Fair in Dun Laoghaire. The style was incredible! People were dressed in the most fabulous outfits from various different eras. It was so crowded tht it was almost impossible to take photos of any of them. So here's a peek at what some of our little family wore. The ones that allowed themselves to be photographed!

I'll have to post a separate photo of the little shirt Billy is wearing in this pic. It was generously given to me by a dear friend who's mother made it by hand for her first son/grandson. He's now 30 and his grandmother is no longer with us, but I love how her love was stitched into the tiny stitches in this sweet little shirt. I am honored to have it.

This is Finn-style. She got a great sense for combining colour and pattern! And the best part is that it's exactly how I would do it. And did in the past!


This is a rare picture of Ru. He's got his own thing going in the last year. Before that he would have worn anything that was thrown at him! I love to see him find what he likes.

And finally, here's a picture of my outfit, as taken by Finn!

6 comments:

Lucys Lounge said...

oh ciara i wish i had of gone there now, arrggggg. you all look so lovely. i love when people dress up for sunday. its such a lost tradition. d

Elaine Prunty said...

Billy looks totally ready for the catwalk in that photo ,
They should have had a most stylish family award and you should have won it .

Cat said...

All of you look amazing! I love your dress.

Emma said...

Everyone looks fantastic. I love that photo of Billy marching along. So cute. Finn and Ru both have great style. I can't wait to see you all later this summer.

Unknown said...

Ciara, I love these pictures of all of you. You are such a cool artistic family!

AMI said...

Ciara! Your skirt - I LOVE IT!